This is a reader request. The recipe for the swiss roll from the previous entry. Here goes!
Swiss Roll (adapted from Nick Malgieri's Perfect Light Desserts)
4 large eggs, seperated
3/4 cup sugar divided (I would cut it down to 1/2 maybe)
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup (less 1 tbsp) rice flour
1 tbsp corn flour (from corn)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup all-fruit spread, warmed
icing sugar, for dusting
1) Heat oven to 170 degrees celcius
2) Whisk the yolks with half the sugar and vanilla. Whisk for about 1 minute or more until mixture is pale and aerated (ribbon stage)
3) Combine the egg whites and salt in another bowl and whip until they are white, opaque and just beginning to hold their shape. Add remaining sugar in a stream, while whipping, until they hold a firm peak.
4) Fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites
5) Stir the flours and baking powder together and sift 1/3 over the egg mixtures, carefully folding in. Repeat with each remaining third of the flour mixture.
6) Scrape batter into prepared pan (I used the baking tray that comes with the oven, sprayed with cooking spray and lined with sprayed foil/parchment). Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until wellrisen
7) Turn cake layer out on a clean tea towel, sprinkled with icing sugar. Carefully roll up loosely and let it semi-cool in that shape. Slowly unroll and let cool completely, before spreading the warmed jam and slowly rolling it back. =)
8) Sprinkle with icing sugar and eat!
9) happyhappy in your tummy!