Sunday, April 22, 2007

sundays and the teevee

Been a big weekend and I'm glad to say I'm back here, writing about food again, in front of my TEEVEE. oh YAYY!=) We're bonding.

anywhos, It was Maria's birthday this weekend but I didn't make it to her party so here's a birthday cupcake for you doll!


happy birthday babe!=) History class wouldn't be the same without you!

MOOOving onto stuff I've baked this week...fat-free cookies. That's what it's called because it has no butter or oil, egg yolk-less so it's pretty healthy. The sugar content is low but it uses Karo (golden syrup) which has very high GI so, I tried to reduce the amount of golden syrup and replace it with a little raw sugar and some sweetened applesauce because reviewwers of the recipe all agree that the batter was very sticky so I was hoping the applesauce would ease with the stickiness...Unfortinately, the batter was STILL sticky, maybe because I used 1 egg and 1 egg white instead of 3 egg whites...

Anyway, the flavour was veryvery good, and it baked up crispy on the egdes and cakey on the inside, chewy a little, and i added CHOCOLATE CHIPS...i couldn't help it. HAD TO ADD SOME FAT IN. heehee. =) FUN! here's how it goes...

1 1/2 cup flour (I used Spelt)
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Vanhouten)
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup - 2 tbsp golden syrup
3 tbsp sweetened applesauce
1/4 cup chocolate chips
3 egg whites (I used 1 egg and 1 egg white)

Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius
Mix flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar and salt together.
Stir in the golden syrup, applesauce, egg and chocolate chips.
Batter will be veryVERY sticky
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter and bake for 7-8 minutes, cookies will be soft.
They will harden on cooling.
*I baked bigger cookies and baked for 10 minutes. I heart big fat coookies. COOOOKIEEE.=)


YAY TO ALMOST FAT FREE!=)

Next time, using this as a base recipe, I will try adding oats, raisins, peanut butter, chocolate chunks, and fiddle with it for other cookie variations. =)

1 comment:

sher said...

Yummers!!! I will go to bed soon, and I bet I dream about those goodies. They look so delicious.