Monday, May 14, 2007

a case of the munchies


I've been suffering from a seriously case of the munchies lately. Think: snacks. I know it's one of those 'but if you cut out on snacks you'll lose weight' things, but I NEED to tell you this. I LOVE SNACKING. Truth be told, I'd rather snack than eat a big full blown meal. But this plan backfired when Liz decided that we should all have dinner at this fusion Thai place for her birthday. That meal was not huge, it was huge. I think my skin stretched as far as it could bear yesterday and any further and I might have torn it. haha, i sound so morbid now. MOVING ALONG, the Thai food was fantastic, big claps to the soft shell crab with basil, the deep fried barramundi all the thai essentials (basil, peanuts, chili, mint), the roasted duck salad, the COCONUT rice (out of this world) and the coconut icecream. well, MY POINT OF THE STORY IS... after a Yum Cha buffet today, a huge-ass big fat dinner plus 3 course dessert and alcohol fest yesterday, I think I'm sticking to snacking for a while, my tummy really, can only hold that much food. oh and the waistline.. don't forget, the waistline.

Rice Krispie Treats, pictured above (recipe from here), only difference was that I used raspberry and vanilla marshmallows and I added in swirls of peanut butter and cocoa powder.




Balsamic Strawberries with Honey Yoghurt

Yoghurt:
1/2 cup plain, low fat yoghurt
swirls of honey

Balsamic Strawberries:
Handful of strawberries, washed and tops chopped off
tsp of balsamic vinegar
sprinkle of brown sugar
pinch of salt

1) Mix all together and leave to macerate for 10 minutes.
2) Mix it into the yoghurt and enjoy, sounds strange but the balsamic vinegar does this strangely wonderful thing to the strawberries. =)

No comments: